Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is a global development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services, supplies, and economic empowerment for youth. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and reproductive health initiatives so that young people are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives. With our headquarters in Hannover, Germany, DSW operates two liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels, as well as maintaining a strong presence in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.
For more information, please see: www.dsw.org
DSW seeks to recruit an
Communications Assistant (part-time) based in Berlin, Germany
The part-time Communications Assistant (20 hrs a week) supports the International Communications Manager with the further development and implementation of the “State of African Women” Project. The right candidate must have a creative mind-set and be able to apply specialised communications knowledge in building awareness of the project to international audiences.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Expand online and social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Responsible for measuring impact and reporting progress (collating analytics and metrics)
· Create engaging and impactful blog entries
· Support with material and publication development
· Maintain, monitor, and expand project website
· Proofreading and editing print publications and online material
· Event and administrative support
· Any other duties as assigned by the International Communications Manager
· Social media savvy with proven experience (content creation and monitoring)
· Solid writing ability to create engaging posts within a tight-timeframe
· Knowledge of the publication process (digital/print)
· Professional qualification in either Communications, International Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or in another relevant field.
· Must be a native-level English speaker. Proficiency in German is required.
· One-three years’ experience working in communications. This position is also suitable for students.
· Strong writing and copy-editing skills in English (native level).
· Above all, the applicant must have an open, positive attitude, and be committed to continuous improvement.
· Supportive of DSW’s mission, vision, and core values.
· A pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic department
· A competitive salary
If you are interested, please send your application in English with a CV and cover letter. Please also state your salary expectations. Reference the email “DSW201909/8 Communications Assistant Application” and send directly to:
Please be informed that only applications with the reference number “DSW201909/8 Communications Assistant Application” in the email subject line will be taken into account.
· Deadline for application: October 6, 2019
· Contract duration: Five Months
· Ideal start date: October 28, 2019
Please note: Non-EU applicants must be in possession of a full valid work permit for Germany.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to your application!