Every week we post interesting, provocative, informative and thought-provoking articles that we at DSW have been reading – from global health, to sexual rights, to ODA and the future of development assistance. Enjoy!
- Ahead of the launch of the WHO’s Every Newborn Action Plan, there has been a lot of focus on how we can mobilise to prevent newborn deaths – Save the Children released a new report this week on how this can be achieved, and you can read more about this initiative here and from STC CEO Carolyn Miles here.
- A new report has been published by the Dutch organisation Wemos on the latest state of clinical trials in Kenya, and the current risks and challenges involved. Read more here.
- The good folk over at the Centre for Global Development drew our attention to a newly-launched platform by NICE aimed at supporting governments and decision-makers in the area of Universal Health Coverage (UHC). You can read more about the initiative here
- How innovators for global health can learn from past mistakes to bring healthcare to resource-constrained regions. Read more here.
- Why the war against HIV and AIDS must continue – read more here.
- It was announced at the end of last week that Uganda would be the host for a new regional anti-gender violence facility – read more here.
DSW is not responsible for the content of third-party websites.