Every week we will be posting interesting, provocative, informative and thought-provoking articles and links that we at DSW have been reading – from global health, to sexual rights, to ODA and the future of development assistance. Enjoy!
- Action for Global Health report that European Union development assistance is dropping, another victim of the economic crisis and austerity budgets. Read more here
- Ahead of another busy year for vaccines in global development, find out why – according to GAVI – investment in vaccines is so important. Read more here
- The race is on to develop the next generation in condoms. The Economist reviews the latest innovations on offer. Read more here
- President Obama plans to allocate $45 million extra for global health in the USA’s 2015 budget, continuing their focus on neglected and infectious diseases. Read more here
- 10 myths about the AIDS response – and what needs to be done to eradicate HIV and AIDS – from the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. Read more here
- “I’m Pro-Choice and I’m a Man — Why More Men Need to Speak Up For Reproductive Rights” – thought-provoking opinion piece by Seth Millstein of Bustle. Read more here
- The New York Times reports on a study from the International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease which found that patients who have multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis and AIDS are more likely to live if they get simultaneous treatment for both diseases. Read more here
- As part of The Guardian’s excellent campaign to end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), they have an interview with a ‘circumciser’ in Kenya. More here
DSW is not responsible for the content of third-party websites.