Every week we post interesting, provocative, informative and thought-provoking articles that we at DSW have been reading – from global health, to sexual rights, to ODA and the future of development assistance. Enjoy!
- Arthur Neslen of EurActiv has an insightful piece on threats to EU support for family planning and maternal health by religious conservatives. Read more here
- The International Parliamentarians Conference on the implementation of the ICDP (IPCI), organised by EPF, UNFPA and the Swedish parliament, kicks off in Stockholm today. Be sure to follow them on twitter and on their website for live updates.
- New reports on international financial support for global health – a University of Washington study indicates funding is on the rise in 2013; while over at Humanoshpere, they estimate it is holding steady, although query whether it is going to those in most need.
- Stanford Medicine reports on a study which suggests that development assistance for health extends life, saves children. Read more here
- This Friday is World Malaria Day – UN Foundation’s Nothing but Nets campaign is running a competition encouraging children to use sport to raise awareness and donations. Read more here
- DSW is one of many supporters of the EU Global Health Pledge – an effort by European CSOs to encourage candidates running in the European Parliament elections this May to pledge their support for global health in the new parliamentary term. Check it out here