Every week we post interesting, provocative, informative and thought-provoking articles that we at DSW have been reading – from global health, to sexual rights, to ODA and the future of development assistance. Enjoy!
– The 7th EDCTP Forum took place in Berlin last week – home to one of our offices! The premier forum in Europe for the latest in R&D for poverty-related and neglected tropical diseases, we were there with own particular event, and to launch our “EDCTP2 in a nutshell” fast facts. Check it out in English and in German!
– At the new European Parliament sat down for its first meetings in Brussels and Strasbourg, European Voice launched a special report (sponsored by DSW) on the fight against PRNDs. Looking at the current situation regarding PRNDs, it assess international and European efforts to stimulate global health R&D. you can download it here.
– The major event last week on maternal and child health took place in South Africa – the Partners’ Forum of the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH). Women Deliver provided some excellent coverage of proceedings and outcomes. You can read more here, here and here.
– As part of the PMNCH Forum, Countdown 2015 launched its 2014 Report, Fulfilling the Health Agenda for Women and Children. The report, released exactly 18 months to the day from the deadline for the Millennium Development Goals at the end of 2015, shows that progress has been impressive in some areas, but it also highlights the vast areas of unfinished business that must be prioritized in the post-2015 framework.
– MPs from across the world have expressed concern in a letter to the Director General of the World Health Organisation (WHO), Dr. Margaret Chan, at the omission of universal access to reproductive health from the WHO draft health goal for the post-2015 framework and have called for a revision of the organisation’s position. Read more here.
DSW is not responsible for the content of third-party websites.