SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: For those of you at the Nairobi Summit over the coming days, I hope you will join us at our concurrent session: Showcasing and Celebrating African Achievements: Cairo to Addis Ababa to Nairobi and Beyond
Date: Wednesday, Nov. 13
Time: 3-4:30 pm
Venue: Courtyard 5
About: The ICPD Programme of Action and the 2013 Addis Ababa Declaration on Population and Development (AADPD) continue to inspire Africa’s efforts to harness a demographic dividend, advance human rights, and meet the Sustainable Development Goals. However, challenges exist in implementation. Even though a recent ICPD/AADPD regional review revealed the gains achieved by countries to date, it also exposed the challenges and gaps in implementing these frameworks. Featuring a leading panel of experts, the aim of this concurrent session is to provide a platform for countries to share their knowledge and experiences in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies that respond to their demographic trends, while respecting human rights.
- Prof (Dr) Khama Odera Rogo
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Under Secretary-General
- Dr. Hala Zaid, Minister of Health and Population, Arab Republic of Egypt and Chair of the African Union third Ordinary Session of the Specialized Technical Committee on Health, Population and Drug Control (STC- HPDC)
- H.E. Mrs. Amira Elfadil, Commissioner for Social Affairs, African Union Commission
- Dr. Natalia Kanem, Executive Director, UNFPA
- Renate Bähr, Executive Director, Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW)
- Dr. Florence Manguyu, Pathfinder International, Kenya Board Chair
- Faith Opiyo, UNFPA Youth Advisory Panel
Join us for this impactful discussion at ICDP25! Download our poster here!