Tell me a story about a time when you failed… not so easy is it? Yet it is by failing, that we get a better sense of who we are, our strengths – and what to do better next time.
The Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is happy to invite you to our virtual Stories of Change Conference to be held between Sept. 16-17, 2021.
Over the past year, DSW has been busy capturing lessons learnt within our advocacy capacity development project in East Africa. While we normally focus on positive stories of change, we decided to mix it up a bit and look out for both positive – and the negative – stories that defined our approach to youth-focused advocacy capacity development.
We want to share these experiences with you – and hear your stories too! Only by sharing experiences can we truly learn and grow together.
Over the course of these two days, we will:
- Present our journey through storytelling featuring the highs (and lows!) of advocacy capacity development in Kenya and Tanzania
- Hear the voices of young people as they recount experiences that defined them, that created uncertainty, or that led to a positive outcome.
- Feature guest organizations, speakers, and storytellers to explore and learn about stories of change
- Facilitate exchange on the key risk and success factors for designing programs on capacity development for effective local advocacy
- Provide a platform to share YOUR stories too!
Further information about the programme, submissions, and registration will be shared soon. For now, please make sure to save the date and block the time in your calendar.
WE WANT YOUR STORIES!
Are you working on a story of change related to organisational and advocacy capacity development? If you are ready to share, we would love to feature you at the conference! Please send your stories to Eva Herrmann, Project Management Officer for DSW: Eva.Herrmann@dsw.org.
Deadline for submissions is August 4.